Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Almost finished!

I'm almost done with my sitcom pilot I've been writing! I complained about it in the last post, but when I went back and read ever my script I realized it wasn't so bad. You always have to remember that when you're writing something. Writing is almost like getting dressed in the dark. You throw things together, and have absolutely no idea how they look together. Then you go out into the light, look into a mirror, and see how it really looks. So if you're writing, and thinking "Wow! This is the worst thing ever written!", just keep writing, because once you look back it may actually be really good. At the same time, if you're thinking you're writing the most wonderful thing ever written, be prepared for a shock when you go back and read what you wrote. It could be horrific.

Proofreading is always tough though. Because there's a precise amount of proofreading that needs to be done. Too little, and it will feel unfinished. Too much, and you'll lose everything that made it good. The corrections themselves are not the hard part. It's knowing when to stop making them.

No comments: